Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default High Pressure Sodium Lights wanted

Joe wrote:
About 27 years ago, I replace flood lights on my house with a
high-pressure sodium light with a dusk to dawn sensor.

Great deal! traded 300 watts for 35 watts.

I started with two. But over the years one died. I had tried replacing
bulb but no luck. So I did without.]

Now the last one died.

I hesitate to buy a bulb that may or may not work. So I am looking for
a new fixture. But I am having a difficult time.

Does anyone know where I can get a 35-50w high pressure sodium light
and fixture that has a dusk to dawn eye and can mount under my eaves.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

i got mine at home depot.

there is an "ignitor" module in the case that has failed.
Unfortunately, the best price I could ever find ($40) was
more than what I paid for my fixtures at the box store.
There is a trigger diode that "spikes" the transformer to
create a high voltage pulse to get the lamp going that I've
not be able to find at the electronic parts house. (Don,
you have any part numbers handy? I have at least 6 fixtures
that just need the diode- a high current diac of some sort)

-larry / dallas