Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 1/2" perfectly round holes suddenly found on my foundation wall outside

In article .com, rank beginner wrote:

Here are the links to the pics:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0270.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0271.jpg

close-up of the hole
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/IMG_0273.jpg

Those holes have been there for years. You just never noticed them before. The
giveaway is in the closeup photo: the hole is *clearly, obviously* lined with
a metal tube. The tube is corroded. There's dirt inside it. That hole was
not made yesterday or last week, or even last year.

I'm not sure what it's for. My best guess is that it's a weep hole to allow
condensation that may form inside the wall to drain to the outside, but that's
just a guess. One thing I am absolutely sure of, though, is that those holes
are NOT new.

--
Regards,