Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Fence line

wrote

Plus, we are planning to plant shrubbery and trees there anyway. Do we
have to get clearance from these to neighbors whenever we want to do
something in this area? The other option I thought of was to move the
fence panels to the beginning of the line just start on the other side
of the tree. That sounds good but that will cost money too. Money we
don't have. I've thought about asking them to pay for the panels or
the move, but I'm thinking this is just going to cause more trouble.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Too bad they didn't try being better neighbors before this happened,
but it's to your benefit to try to work things out. If nothing else, you
want to be on speaking terms with them, I assume, so if they get a
barking dog or something, they might listen if you talk to them about
it. Did you get permits for the fence? I know in my town you have to
get one, I have no idea about where you live. Could be trouble if they
complain.

Good luck with that.

nancy