Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Fence line

On Jun 1, 6:06 am, "stainer" wrote:
wrote in message

| ...a 6' privacy fence to line the driveway and avoid seeing the junk. ...
| are angry that we have blocked their view of each other and want us to
| remove 4-5 panels of the fence.

| Plus, we are planning to plant shrubbery and trees there anyway. Do we
| have to get clearance from these to neighbors whenever we want to do
| something in this area?

If you have complied w/ all local zoning and any subdivision covenants
in the erection of this (includes the obvious like type, height,
setback(s), color(s), etc., etc., ... plus anything that might be
unusual) then the neighbors have no say--you've lived up to any and
all agreements/obligations you have. Anything less and they can
request and receive relief from whatever portions of those limitations
you may have violated. Beyond that, it's simply a case of whether you
can find an amicable solution that is satisfactory to all parties.

There, you're on your own inititative to see what you can negotiate/
explain/rationalize that will improve/maintain relations. But, given
that you have followed _all_ requirements as noted above, it's simply
a case of what you're willing to sacrifice or what they're willing to
offer to compensate.

Same rules apply to the shrubbery--if there are restrictions, those
must be followed. If there are none, then simply commonsense and a
sense of neighborliness is all that rules--what they like/want is only
as important as your desire to maintain whatever level of contact/
amiability w/ the neighbors as you care to make accomodations to do.