Posted to alt.home.repair
poster3814 poster3814 is offline

Default Honeywell Humidicalc Recommended Instead of Outdoor Sensor? (AutomaticHumidity Control)

wrote:
Smarty wrote:

When I went to engineering school and for the 40 years thereafter, I was
taught to do research to solve a problem. A mere 90 seconds of research on
the poster's question revealed Honeywell's description and ads for the
Humidicalc duct-mounted humidistat...

"When I was a lad I served a term as office boy to an attorneys firm..."

...clearly something incapable of making any inference about external
wall temperatures.

You never learned to think? :-)

So now your reply, rather than addressing the topic...

And you never learned to read? :-)

So they have something like that button, in the "frost control" knob.
Maybe their patented Humidicalc software (what's the patent number?)
estimates the outdoor temp by the furnace duty cycle, ie the percentage
of time the duct air is more than (say) 120 F.

That would be consistent with their statement that we need the outdoor
temp sensor with multizone systems...

Nick

Thank you very much for your replies, and the time, etc., spent on them.
I appreciate it. Other helpful opinions from knowledgeable people are
also welcome.

Thank you.
--
Please respond to the newsgroup only. Email sent to this account goes
unread.