Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Fence line

On Jun 1, 9:13 am, "longshot" wrote:
doesn't really sound like they give a crap about you, why do you give a crap
what they want? just tell them "sorry you feel that way, but you are tired
of looking at that junk."

Check your town/city ordinances or by-laws about fence heights,
location etc. There just might be maximum height limits? Also if your
property borderd on a roadway (which apparently it does not) there
might be public traffic sight line requirements?

However it is doubtful that any fence would be anything close the
height of even a one storey dwelling. So unlikely IMO there could be
any municipal objections to fencing your own property. You could 'just
mention in passing' without making any complaint or specific objection
to it, while checking with the town etc. that reason for the fence is
to eliminate view of junk area. Your not complaining just improving
your amenities and your own property value.

On our property we have been careful to shield our 'junk' i.e. wood
storage/sawing area from public and neighbour's sight by building our
own fences. Although it is visible from the upper floor of a close
relatives house, over the fence. No objections so far!