Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home
terry terry is offline

Default limecale remover damage

On Jun 1, 11:52 am, Frank wrote:
On Jun 1, 7:06 am, "torge conrad maguar"
wrote:

I north London here the water is quite hard (i.e. a lot of chalk in it), so
we easily get limescale
build up in the bend of the wc bowl.

Using Harpic Limescale Remover has shifted most of it, but that seems to
have left the porcelain area under water a kind of a dirty colour. I then
used a lot more Harpic, but nothing has improved. Although it does seem to
come off a bit with lots of hard brushing. Anyone any idea if this Harpic
could be causing this?

Acid, including vinegar, dissolve lime. Bleach could be used to
remove iron stains.
Frank

Harpic used to advertised it's toilet cleaner (post 1940s) under the
heading "Clean around the bend".

Unfortunately that expression was also used to describe (slangily)
someone with a mental problem! Politically incorrect perhaps!

So instead of saying, as we might today "He/she is nuts" or "Like
crazy, man" the Harpic expression was sometimes used as a nickname!

PS. What's that other cleaner advertised on TV as a rust, lime,scale
remover? Something like RLS or RSL ??????