Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Matching Bricks

Owain wrote:
Gareth Jones wrote:
I would like to Extend my house in the next year or so and I would like
to find what sort of brick the house is built with so I can match the
new with the original (17 years old)brickwork. A couple of 'spares'
lying in the garden have 'WESTBRICK' stamped in the frog, but thats all
I have. What are my options to find the same or a good match.

1. Local council / archives may still have original planning application
- this should specify the type of bricks used for exterior finish.

should specify type of bricks they were *supposed* to use.

I still have something somewhere about 'taking tile samples to council
before tiling roof'

That was 6 years ago.

2. Take spare brick to local brick merchant and ask.

Owain