Grant Erwin

Default Calculator

In my shop, I use whatever dirt cheap or free POS I have at the moment.
Sometimes my brain doesn't want to subtract 0.916 from 1.241 or something.
Upstairs, I use an HP-15C, which I believe is the absolute pinnacle of
calculators as far as what it can do and user interface. There are much
newer lower power models but you have to program those using a dumb computer-
science-like language. The HP-1XC models, on the other hand, although slow
and battery-hungry by today's standards, you can learn *everything* on once,
and you never forget it. Were I to sell it today (fat chance) it would bring
nearly double what I paid for it. At my last engineering job I had young
engineers gasp when they saw it and say things like "Aren't you worried
someone will STEAL that? Do you know how much those go for on ebay now?"

Grant

Mike wrote:

Does anybody make a machinist oriented calculator ?

or what calculators does everyone use ?

how about a waterproof one ?

thanks
Mike