Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Anti-siphon Spigot question

"grafgulch" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 1, 9:04 am, Rich256 wrote:
On Jun 1, 7:45 am, grafgulch wrote:

have a question about anti-siphon spigots. Should the spigot leak
water thru the anti-siphon cap when a hose is connected to the spigot
and the hose as a sprayer connected to the end and is turned off?

Thanks,

PG

Spigot on and sprayer off? No. If it does the cap most likely can be
removed and the washer replaced.

Thanks for the reply. Does the cap just pop off? Can I carefully pry
it off with a screw driver? Its just turns round & round when I turn
it by hand.

If it is a Mansfield (probably the most common I've seen - YMMV) there is a
repair kit available for that specific issue:

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Fros...sku-449148.dib

Change this while you're at it:

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Fros...sku-492361.dib

Hey, and you might as well get a new handle too and it will look pretty
again:

http://doitbest.com/Laundry+and+Fros...sku-449121.dib

There is a good possibility all these parts are available at your local
hardware store as well.

Tip: If you do take the handle off when replacing put some anti-seize
compound on the handle screw threads for the next service.

Hope this helps!