Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fence line

On Jun 1, 7:06?am, "stainer" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...
| We built a home last year that sits behind another home. We have a
| 300 foot driveway between two front houses to get to our house. The
| neighbor in front of us is a junk collector of sorts and has piles of
| junk behind his garage. These piles are not visible to him but are a
| terrible eye sore for us. So we used our tax return to buy a 6'
| privacy fence to line the driveway and avoid seeing the junk. We
| purchased 25 panels and because we started a little shorter than
| originally planned (there was a large tree at the starting point) we
| ended up going past the piles of junk.

Now the two front neighbors
| are angry that we have blocked their view of each other and want us to
| remove 4-5 panels of the fence.

tell your neighbors to visit each other

I do feel bad about this b/c it was
| not our intention to cause a problem, but those panels cost $100 each
| installed to just throw away 4-5 of them is like throwing away $500.
| Plus, we are planning to plant shrubbery and trees there anyway. Do we
| have to get clearance from these to neighbors whenever we want to do
| something in this area?

a fence can be placed as close as 4 ft. from the street (where I am)

unless it is a corner lot.

The other option I thought of was to move the
| fence panels to the beginning of the line just start on the other side
| of the tree. That sounds good but that will cost money too. Money we
| don't have. I've thought about asking them to pay for the panels or
| the move, but I'm thinking this is just going to cause more trouble.
| Any thoughts or suggestions?

tell your neighbors
if they didn't help pay for the fence...............they have NO say in
the matter.

visit the local municapality about the trashed yard, there may be a
ordinance about it.

around here junk cant be seen from the street.

I would plant a row of fast growing bushes anywhere I want on my
property