Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What's the Best Laptop

yo wrote:

In that case what is the best repairable laptop (used)?

Look on Ebay and find models that you can buy several of, cheap. The
best choice changes fairly often. Find one with a busted screen, and
another that's dead, of the same model and if you are careful you can
build a working laptop with a usable battery and charger for little
money. Last week there were over a dozen Dell Inspiron of the same
model that went cheap. 1.8 Ghz CPU, 256 MB RAm and a 15.1 inch screen
with XP. Even with shipping I could have bought enough parts to build a
working laptop for about 4125.00 US.

You have to decide how much computer you need, and your skill level
in repairing computers. they don't bother me, I started repairing Vic
20 and Commodore 64 computers 20 some years ago.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida