Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3/4 completed roofing project and contractor won't come back to finish

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:17:21 -0400, h wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Me? I'd get someone else to finish the job and sue the original
contractor
in small claims court. First, however, I'd get my evidence lined up -
certified letters and the like.

I did that - won the $5,000 judgment - still haven't seen a dime 2 years
later. The court is great at finding in the consumer's favor, but they
have
no way to force deadbeats to pay.

Sell the debt to a collection agency for $.25 on the dollar, and let
them figure it out. You won't get much money, but with any luck
the agency will hound the ******* for the next two generations.

I tried that. Once I told them the guy's name, they said no, they'd tried to
collect from him before, and got nothing.