Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3/4 completed roofing project and contractor won't come back to finish

On May 31, 5:18?pm, "Toller" wrote:
h wrote in om...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Me? I'd get someone else to finish the job and sue the original
contractor in small claims court. First, however, I'd get my evidence
lined up - certified letters and the like.

I did that - won the $5,000 judgment - still haven't seen a dime 2 years
later. The court is great at finding in the consumer's favor, but they
have no way to force deadbeats to pay.

If the guy has no assets you are out of luck, but around here you can hire a
marshall to seize his assets.

in some areas failure to pay court judgement equals loss of drivers
license