Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc

Default Removing relay without damaging pcb (plated through holes)

wrote:

On May 30, 8:31 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2007 16:22:34 +0100, CWatters wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
There is only one way: chop the relay up until you can get to each
pin, and desolder those individually.

That's the way I'd do it.

That's the way I've done it.

Any recommendations on how to "chop up" the relay?
Its a sealed plastic type.

Are the pins smaller than the plated through holes. or are they a
tight fit? If there is any free space you can remove the solder, then
heat the pin till the solder melts and gently bend it loose from the
wall of the plate through hole. I've done it that way for decades, but
you should practice on a scrap board first.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida