Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Concrete Questions for Garage Construction.....

According to Solomon_Man :

The question now in my head is to do it myself or have someone do it.
The inspector said to do it myself. He said you did a fine job
(depth,width,straightness,stone,layout) on the excavation and that is
where most people screw up. So I now understand the process even more
after talking to the inspector, so I am thinking more about doing it
myself to save the cash. I dunno, I will price it out and make the
final decision.

I think you'll find that the labor costs of a good crew to do a floor
slab isn't very much (compared to the cost of the concrete), and it'll
be easier in the long run to hire it. Or at least until you've seen
it done once. You don't want to be partway thru the pour and find
out that you have the wrong tools or not enough bodies.
--
Chris Lewis,