Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Michael Faurot Michael Faurot is offline

Default lathes???

wrote:
I have reciently thought of the idea of making wooden baseball bats
myself. I love baseball but for somereason i havn't thought of this
idea. What i am looking for is a cheap lathe big enough to make a bat
(33'') but not industrial.

I don't own a lathe (yet), but I've been following this group for
awhile to get familiar with things. While I can't make any meanful
suggestion as to what lathe would be appropriate, your quest to
make baseball bats reminded me of the Lathe 101 episode[1] of New
Yankee Workshop in which Norm goes through the process of turning
a baseball bat to demonstrate the use of a lathe. If you haven't all
ready seen it, that might be useful to you.

[1]:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0506

remove ".invalid".