Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default weatherproof flint walls

On 31 May, 17:01, wrote:

Help! We are renovating a 300 year old norfolk flint cottage. We are
having problems with severe rain driving in above our new bathroom
windows (downstairs). It was damp before, but we thought it was to do
with the old windows and thick artex from the 70's. It seems to be the
whole side of the house. I have tried Thompsons sealer, but it has not
worked. The pointing looks in good repair, so I thought it must be
pourous. So what should we do? Don't want to have a re-point if not
necessary.
Sandi

You really need to ask people with expertise on this, this is not a pp
oriented forum.
http://periodpropertyshop.co.uk/phpB...wforum.php?f=1

NT