Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default Cauk/Filler for Expansion joint

On May 31, 8:47 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2007 07:17:13 -0700, Todd wrote:
Folks,

I am looking to fill the expansion joint between my slab of my
basement, and the outside walls. A little history:

We had a bit of water in the basement - came up through the expansion
joint at one edge of the basement. Sure enough, there was negative
drainage allowing snow-dammed water to leak into the house.

I have repaired that issue (put a french drain in) but I'd like to
take an extra precaution while I have everything ripped out of my
basement. I understand that filling this gap is not going to solve
any leaking problems that I might have...i'm just looking to cover all
bases.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to fill the
joint? It would need to be:

a.) water proof
b.) expandable/contractable/flexible with the movement of the slab.
c.) resiliant to the tests of time. (it should last a long time.)

- Thanks in advance,

Todd

Silicone rubber fits your criteria.

Can you recommend a brand of silicone rubber that would work for me?