Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Neillarson Neillarson is offline

Default My Shop is almost (re)done

6 Days of cleaning and organizing, I finally got the new lathe to fit
in. Not well, but in. I built a tool holder for the lathe that mounts
on the table behind the lathe and high enough to reach all my tools. I
thenb moved the lathe near a wall and mounted the rest of the items I
have on some pegboard behind it.

After my wife asked a few questions about how I store stuff, I decided
to ask all of you this question.

How do you prefer to store your tools and accessories? Open racks
(pegboard like)? Cabinets? Tool Boxes?

I have found that I am not a big fan of cabinets, tool boxes or tool
bags. I like my tools out where I can see them and get to them
quick.Not through need, but I seem to use the right tool for the right
job more often and spend a little more time selecting the tool than I
do looking for it. So, I have a LOT of pegboard and just a few
cabinets, and my main cabinets are either open (no door) or have a
glass door. Yewsterday I spent about 2 hours figuring out where to
mount some of my Pinnacle and Starrett measuring tools and now I am
looking for an effective way to store some items like my Incra and
Veritas gauges, dovetail gauges, marking gauges, enginners squares and
one of those combination squares with 3 different level devices.

I do have some drawers that I built that are under some of my larger
tools, 3 drawers under my router tablke to hold router associated
tools, under my high speed grinder for nothing since it is usless,
under my carving table for carving wood storage, etc.