Old Nick

Default Chain tensioner ideas

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:41:25 +0800, Old Nick
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Ok. I went to the local ag shop today. They understand us RAG (rough
as Guts) backwards...errr backwoods...engineers! They have a 10 tooth
sprocket, with pressed (sweated?) in bearing, which simply mounts on a
threaded 1/2" rod. You then use two nuts (with locks if needed) to
move the bearing along the rod to line up with your chain, and lock it
in place with the nuts. No pressing etc. $18 or so for the sprocket
and bearing. I supply the spring loading.

I like the sprocket as it feels as if it disturbs the rollers on the
chain least, and wears least. Sprockets are what chain was made for.

Again. Thanks for all the replies. This one suits me this time, but I
have other applications coming up. Some of the other ideas are most
interesting.

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?