Old Nick

Default Chain tensioner ideas

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:07:06 -0000, "John Manders"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

It's called a roll-ring. I foun d it in a search. If it works as
dedigned, I reckon discovering it _had_ to be an accident! It looks
brilliant. I bet they manage to charge too much to make it a world
beater!

hmmm...made by Renood. So it's not some flash in the pan! I rang
Ren0old this morning before I had read the blurb. They did not mention
this product. I laugh and say "This is Australia"....

Unfortunately I need to make the chain path narrower, not wider....

I did see a plastic tensioner some while ago that would work for you. I
looked like a thin walled plastic sprocket that sits between the two chain
runs. It is compressed to an oval shape and pushes the two sides of the
chain apart.
Hope I have managed to describe it OK.

John

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?