Posted to alt.home.repair
Clancy Wiggum Clancy Wiggum is offline

Default If we could only get parts!

Charles wrote:

Case in point. Our Fellowes DM8C shredder died so I took it apart and was
delighted to find that it was easily serviceable. Two stripped gears. So,
I jumped on the Internet only to find that parts are not available. My
delight was short-lived.

So here goes 25 more pounds into a stinking, bulging and leeching landfill,
when it could have been repaired for a few bucks and 20 minutes of my time.

I usually take stuff apart before I throw it out and about half the time
find that repair would be easy if the parts were available.

I hate the baggage of more legislation but think that something might need
to be done in this arena.

Don't fret, Corky. Google is your buddy.

http://wheelermachines.com/fellowes_parts.htm
http://www.compax.com/shredders/parts.html
http://www.psds.com/partssearch/td-fellowes/index.htm