Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Best Brush Trimmer

car crash wrote:
Hi there, I live in Ottawa, Canada. I have a 2 acre lot that needs
allot of brush trimming. I want to buy a brush trimmer with a blade
at the bottom. I hear that Husqvarna and Stihl are the only way to
go. However they are around $600 with the attachment. I also hear
that Echo is decent.

Does anyone have any experience with this specific tools and which one
is my best bet for good quality brush trimming tool.
Thanks.

Look at what brands the pros are using. Determine what sort of local
support network the manufacturers provide. A brand that is used by a
majority of professionals and which is sold and serviced by a reputable
local dealer will probably make you happiest in the long run. I wound up
with a Stihl based on these criteria but I've yet to test the quality of
service from my local dealer since in four years it has not required
anything beyond sharpening the metal blade or installing more cutter line.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]