Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does roofing warranty extend to new owner?

wrote in message
ups.com...
When a company installs a new roof, and offered a five year warranty
against defective material and workmanship, how does this work?

Now my question is, do you think this is defective workmanship? Should
I be able to call the company and ask them to rectify and replace
these 20 or so tiles and fix the flat roof? Does the warranty apply to
me since I was not the original owner who contracted for the service
(but I do have the paper work)?

Since you have the paperwork, none of us here have ever seen the paperwork,
I'd suggest you read it. Pay close attention when you get to the part about
transferability. Anything you read here is going to be pure speculation
since only you have the written warranty.