Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Best Brush Trimmer

car crash wrote:

Hi there, I live in Ottawa, Canada. I have a 2 acre lot that needs
allot of brush trimming. I want to buy a brush trimmer with a blade
at the bottom. I hear that Husqvarna and Stihl are the only way to
go. However they are around $600 with the attachment. I also hear
that Echo is decent.

Does anyone have any experience with this specific tools and which one
is my best bet for good quality brush trimming tool.
Thanks.

Add Shindaiwa to the list of top of the line units. You will only find
them at a "real" power equipment dealer, not a home center. Made in
Japan, some of the best, most reliable engines I've seen. I have a T270
and with a blade it will do just plain scary things like go through a 2"
dia sapling in a fraction of a second. I also have a Shindaiwa 488 chain
saw which is equally good.

Pete C.