Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martha Martha is offline

Default Would an electricity meter move require a new mains supply?

I requested a meter move from my supplier from inside the front door
to outside the front door. Following the survey we were told we would
need a new mains supply, which would require yet another survey and a
cost of £690- excludes the meter move (not yet quoted for !!) and the
electricians required.

I have tried to no avail to get the supplier to explain why we need a
new mains supply (and indeed why we are responsible for paying for
this) as the house has an existing supply and we are not adding meters
(ie splitting into flats). Does anyone know of any situations as to
why we would potentially require a new mains supply in this
instance...?