Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Brass T joint dripping

On May 30, 8:49 am, GoHabsGo wrote:
I am installing a brand new roman tub filler that has a brass to brass
threaded t-joint feeding the the faucet that drips when I open both valves
to fill the tub (when the joint has some water pressure). I have tried
adding extra teflon tape but it still drips. Is there a higher grade tape
to use or would pipe dope do the trick? Any other ideas?

Rico has the other idea but if you're using the white teflon, yellow
(for gas) is much thicker and is easier to handle, to boot.

I'm sure if you were to add enough teflon it'll eventually hold, but
pipe dope is what I tend to use routinely still. Personally, I like
the "MiTee" brand, but any is fine. Ace or any hardware will have
small volume containers...