Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Architect contract advice

blueman wrote:
jJim McLaughlin writes:

I'm surpised that you didn't seek the collective wisdom of this group to
do the design and construction supervision work on your house.

But that wouldn't make much sense would it?

And for the same reasons that you wouldn't seek the collective wisdom of
this group to do the design and construction supervision work on your
house, you should't be looking for the text of contract terms here.
Hire a professional in your area who actually knows the applicable law.

I imagine that hiring a lawyer to write and negotiate a contract for a small
architect project would probably exceed the cost of the design. Many
industries use relatively standard forms and I was just asking whether
such things exist for architecture that are reasonable balanced
between client and the architect.

Sigh.

You really don't get it do you?

So obtuse and so cheap.

I truly hope you don't have to find out how expensive your savings are.