bw

Default Briggs & Stratton compressor

"David R. McCoy" wrote in message
. com...
Hi Offbreed,

I've wondered about this myself. I think Don's post is right on. The only
other thing I'd add is that manufacturers, in order to save money, might use
a motor that develops 5hp but may only have a 20% duty cycle. Make sure the
motor/pump combo that you have is capable of running for the extended period
of time that would be required if you upgrade your tank.

Agree. Don't worry about "HP" advertised on the motor. Years ago it was
assumed that the ratings were for continuous duty, now they mean nothing.
Read the small print and look for CFM at 125 PSI, or whatever the load you
have. Match the compressor rating to the load using real numbers.

Brent Wegher