Martin H. Eastburn

Default co-ax instructions

DoN. Nichols wrote:

In article ,
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Lewis Hartswick says...

My thought was " RG 8 or RG 11" :-)

Hmm. Probably "RG-50!"

How about "RG-365 A/U"? I saw a crate of 100 feet of it (2-1/2
turns total) out back of where I used to work. At first, I thought that
it was ventilation ducting. (Hmm ... perhaps that was 375 instead of
365? It has been a long time, and I'm too lazy (and too far behind in
the newsgroup) to bother digging up a catalog and checking. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Yep - some of that high power transmission cable is big! High voltage type.
The cores are typically tubes not solid since the skin current is only skin deep :-)

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer