Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
[email protected] techman41973@yahoo.com is offline

Default Removing relay without damaging pcb (plated through holes)

I have an old project where a relay is oddly stuck in a state with the
common rail connected to the normally open contact. I can only assume
that the two connections fused together during a high-current
transient. The relay breaks a connection between an audio amplifier
circuit and a subwoofer. I think my only choice is to replace the
relay. There is however a problem where the pins of the relay are
soldered to plated through-holes. This is making the relay nearly
impossible to remove without risking damaging the pcb. Does anyone
have any neat tricks to remove such a component safely?
Thanks