Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Does Drilling affect Groundwater?

dnoyeB wrote:

On Mon, 28 May 2007 16:30:41 -0700, car crash wrote:

I have my home near a new subdivision that is being installed. I am
on well water and have a septic system. A company is planning on
drilling holes for groundwater in the area and obviously digging the
ground up for foundations for all the new homes. Can someone please
tell me if all this digging and drilling can have an adverse affect on
my well which is about 200 feet from all the digging that is going to
take place.

If so, what can happen to my water from others digging and drilling so
close?

Is there anything I can do to stop it or protect myself from the big
companies that dig nearby?

It definitely can affect ground water. You should contact your City
Council. Where I live, the builders are required to have an environmental
study before they can modify the surface here, let alone dig a basement.
one lady house has begin to sink more due to local parking lot install and
change in ground water absorption.

Of course where $$$ is concerned, 'studies' don't mean much... City
counsil is supposed to work for the people. Get some neighbors together
and give them a piece of your mind. Maybe you don't win this one, but if
they are messing with you now, don't expect them to stop...

So if you owned a piece of property and someone told you that
you can't develope it, you would be fine with that? When did
development become "messing with" owners of adjacent property?
They are just trying to use their property as they see fit.

What you are saying is this: You can own all the land you
want around me, you just can't do anything with it.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.