Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Electrical regs question - key operated FCU

On 29 May 2007 22:09:09 GMT, "Bob Eager" mused:

On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:30:23 UTC, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Owain writes:

One aspect is that if it needs a keyswitch then there's an argument that
the fuse carrier shouldn't be within reach of pupils either. So you
could use a FCU at high level with a keyswitch lower down, which might
keep everyone happy.

The gridswitch fuse carrier is retained by a screw,
so you need a screwdriver to take the fuse out.

When I was at school, I always carried a small toolkit...

I think the term for that nowadays is 'tooled up' or 'loitering with
intent', or something. I had most of my tools confiscated at one point
or another.
--
Regards,
Stuart.