Posted to misc.consumers.house
LJ LJ is offline

Default Turned on Central AC with the outside compressor on! OH no!

On May 28, 8:10 pm, LJ wrote:
OOps! My Wife turned on the Central AC for the first time this
season.
Unfortunately, the winter cover was still on the outside compressor.
When I noticed that the AC was on, (about 5 minutes or so), I ran
outside to see if the cover was still on. It was, and the fan was not
running - the unit seemed pretty hot.

I was hoping there was some sort of thermal protection on the unit
(Lennox HS26-060-2P)
but it has not started up since (been a few days).
Does anyone know if there is a separte circuit breaker inside the
unit? I checked all the circuit breakers in my main House panel.
Thanks for any help.
LJ

There is a box with just a "pull -out" switch. One way is connected,
or pull it out and flip it over and reinsert for off. That's it. No
breaker.
Thanks again for any help.
LJ