Posted to alt.home.repair

Default washing machine drainage

On May 29, 3:49�pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
*grodenhiATgmailDOTcom wrote:

*and a laundry sink (right next to the washing
machine). *Here's my problem/question.... *There's a filter basket
thingy right at the inlet (to stop solids from entering the pump
basin). *The washing machine water leaks out the access hatch that is
used to access the filter basket. * It seems like the filter does not
allow the washing machine water through quick enough (only if the
filter basket is completely empty is there no problem). *Now I have a
few questions......

1.) Is there something I can install inline to buffer the washing
machine drain pressure?

If the tub is large like a standard wash tub, empty the machine into than
and let it drain into the pump.

2.) Do I need the basket thingy? *Would anything the washing machine,
kitchen sink, or laundry sink be large enough to clog the pump?

One sock can raise hell with it. *Keep the screen

3.) I know some people will use a laundry tub to drain their washing
machine into. *How common/acceptable is this? * Anything I should be
careful for? *Would this be the best (most commonly used) solution?

Very common, done in probably millions of homes.

or install a grinder pump, it will take anything not metal and chew it
up, they are used for toilet that lift waste to higher levels