Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoothing/Sanding concrete on patio.

On May 29, 3:33�pm, Goedjn wrote:
On 28 May 2007 21:06:45 -0700, wrote:

Last week, I had a contractor pour concrete in our backyard for a
backyard patio. *The contractor came in one day with his crew, got
concrete mixing trucks, poured the concrete and left.

Now the patio looks good, but I see that he "broomed" it at the end,
so the patio is not "smooth". *I had not expected this and I guess I
was hoping for a smooth finish (as in a garage floor). *I assumed (I
guess naively) that the contractor would make it a smooth finish. *Why
do I like a smooth finish? Well, I'm thinking since it is a patio,
sometimes we may want to wander on it barefoot :-) *In the future, I
also want to stain it, and I'm thinking a smoother finish will look
better when it is stained.

He is going to come back next week... I have to pay him yet.

Is there anything I can ask him to make it smoother? Is it possible at
all? *Is it very expensive? The concrete patio is about 16x30 sq.ft.

It's possible, and probably not too expensive, since it should involve
only a few hours work with a concrete planer, but I don't think
it's a good idea. *It shouldn't be so rough that walking on it
barefoot is uncomfortable. *At least, not after it wears a bit,
and too smooth a surface can be slippery.- Hide quoted text -

yeah too smooth major slip hazard.........

you should ALWAYS BE ON SITE SUPERVISING ANY JOB LIKE THIS AT YOUR
HOME!!