Laurie Forbes

Default OT - Lennox Furnaces

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:58:30 GMT, Ted Edwards
We (in SW BC) have had Miller high efficiency condensing for several
years. Had a noisy blower but it was replaced under (5yr) warranty. If
your friend is doing a new installation consider that even medium
efficiency requires a class B chimney going up through the roof. The
high efficiency brings in combustion air and exhaust combustion products
through plastic pipes in the joists (basement ceiling, main floor) going
to and through the side wall of the house. No holes in the roof and
other advantages.

The totally enclosed combustion path is an advantage alright but you
(at least I) still required the conventional chimney to vent the hot
water heater. The dealer BTW told me I should install a smaller
diameter liner in the chimney to account for the reduced conbustion
gas volume and thereby prevent condensation in the chimney but I
decided to try it as is and have had no problems.

Laurie Forbes