Posted to alt.home.repair
HaroldWho HaroldWho is offline

Default Thoughts on Home Depot installed Deck with "patented" building techniques....

On 28 May 2007 13:14:34 -0700, G. Filicetti wrote in alt.home.repair:
Hey guys,

I just had Home Depot out to look at putting an 7' x 18' deck up
against part of my above ground pool (in New Hampshire).

...how their posts are 3 2x6s fastened together in the
factory, not 4x4s

I promise you that with such an arrangement, you'll have carpenter ants
between those 2x6s in a few years. Been there, done that (in northern NJ,
not NH).

I second the guy who wants to "look the builder in the eye." Not much of a
comfort, but better than "Sorry, that's HD's problem/Sorry, that's the
contractor's problem."

Good luck,
HaroldWho