Laurie Forbes

Default OT - Lennox Furnaces

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:45:16 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

A Trane is what I tried next - draft inducer noise still bugs me

Is that the smaller fan which starts before the main blower
kicks in? I can hardly tell it's on before hearing the
rush of air for the main blow.

Yes - it is required to push the combustion air into the fire box and
the combustion gasses through the heat exchangers.

sometimes but it was not as bad as the Carrier (its the variable speed
aspect of it that seems to create reasonances and buzzes). The blower
motor (constant speed type) is quite quiet however.

What was the price difference? Mine's a 1,700sf shop with
attached house.

I paid about $1,700 Can for the Trane (furnace only, I installed it
myself) but the price I originally paid for the Carrier (about $1,400)
was not representative as the dealer screwed up (according to the
local Carrier distributor) and charged me only what *he* paid for it.
Both were 80 MBTUs, two stage and non-variable speed blower).

Laurie Forbes