Laurie Forbes

Default OT - Lennox Furnaces

On 24 Mar 2004 18:57:16 GMT, Hitch wrote:

Based on CR advice, I got several estimates and Lucky Me! the Trane was
the least expensive furnace, given the furnace options and installation
requirements that I had. It has proven to be a good furnace so far, but
I've only had it for a year, so that's not really a good trial.

I've had mine about three years now and apart from the inducer noise,
its been pretty good. I did have one problem with the control board
hanging in the cooldown period every once in a while (not good as the
heat never comes back on) which could be reset by cycling the power
off/on. All the service rep could suggest was replacing the board (at
an exorbitant cost of $550 Can, supply only). Since the problem
seemed to occur during periods of unstable power (I live in the
country), I installed a pretty good power surge protector in the AC
supply line and the problem has not reoccured to date.

Laurie Forbes