Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peale Peale is offline

Default Cheapie 2.1 Speaker Set with static in left speaker

wrote in
ups.com:

On 29 May, 15:43, Peale wrote:

While dumpster diving I found a 2.1 speaker set. Static in the left
speaker.

I swapped speakers, problem persisted.

in which speaker?

LOL...in the left speaker. If the problem traveled, I'd have found my
problem. ;-)

Just short the audio out at the various points in the signal chain
(dont short power amp output tho). When shorting before a stage made
no difference & shorting after it killed crackling, you know where its
coming from. Prodding with a bit of plastic also helps locate if its a
dry joint.

I touched up every joint I could, esp. the connectors on the PCB.

What do you mean, short the points? Take a wire and jump the signal
closer along in the chain to the output?

--
http://www.pealefamily.net