Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default Joining washing line

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anybody know of an inexpensive way to join two lengths of plastic
(wire core) clothes line?

Crimping is probably the most effective but I don't have a crimping
tool.

Tying doesn't work because the plastic coating makes it slippery and
it just works loose.

I've always used a reef knot and it doesn't slip. The more strain there
is
on it the tighter the knot gets.

It doesn't work, I'm afraid. The knot just slips--the ends just pull
themselves out. Yes, I tied a perfect reef knot, and not a granny
knot. Maybe I have different line to everybody else--the plastic is
very soft and thick. It's translucent. I notice that my neighbour's
line has a much thinner plastic coating.

binding the ends with insulating tape will stop the knot coming apart

Jim A