Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default overvoltage

On Sun, 27 May 2007 08:10:39 -0400, Jack wrote:

Hello,
I've blown a few power supplies on my home PC. The PC is connecting to a
working surge protector. It was suggested to me that I could have an
over-voltage problem. I thought a surge protector handled that. How would
I know if I have an over-voltage problem? does this make any sense?
Thanks.

A power supply is not a light bulb. Unless your buying total junk, it
probably has a fuse inside of it. overvoltage should not destroy the
powersupply. Thats its job to convert voltage.