Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Water pipe; will solder flow upwards?

On Tue, 29 May 2007 03:46:10 +0000, Toller wrote:

The same thing happened to my water heater a few years back. It was only a
drop every 5 minutes or so and I chose to ignore it, as they sometimes clog
up by themselves. It never did, but when I put on a pressure reducer, going
from 90psi to 55 psi, the leak stopped.
If your leak is worse than that, you better fix it; I don't think it can
result in failure, but the cost if it does is just too high.

Whats the purpose of a pressure reducer? Besides reducing pressure of
course?? does this add any benefit to the household water system to drop
the pressure?

Thanks,

dnoyeB