Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Can you unweld pvc joints?

On May 29, 4:27 am, tom wrote:
On May 28, 10:32 pm, dean wrote:

Take a look at this pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4y60gaw

I need to flip the U-bend on the right hand side round, and take the
flow out into another pipe. Can I unweld any of those joints or are
the absolutely permenent?

If I can't, then the only thing I can think of is to cut the pipe at
the bottom of the short straight length of pipe (there's around 2
inches there to play with) that goes into the right hand side of the U-
bend. Then cut off the U-bend and stop it, and add another U-bend the
other side. Sound ok?

There's a nifty tool made to ream out plastic pipe joints for
reglueing sold at good hardware stores. Ask there. Tom

That requires cutting off the fitting to begin with. I really have
never seen a reason to do that other than to fix a pipe that has
broken at the fitting. Given room to work, just cut out the problem
and replace. Those fitting are in the 'cheap' range.

Harry K