Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default The Coca-Cola gambit- a new technique, or wishful finishing?

On Mon, 28 May 2007 16:16:06 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote: Just a heads-up, in case any of you have an electric
dryer go out on you.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you're lucky, you will have to wait a long time for your drier to die.
Check the thrift stores for toasters, small convection ovens, electric space
heaters, etc.

Sure, if you're lucky, and don't do something stupid. In my case, a
bit of wire from one of my wife's pieces of clothing got stuck and I
couldn't see it, so I decided to remove what looked like an access
panel in the back of the drum to see if the bearings had something in
them (see how much I know about dryers already?)

If you know anything about dryers, it's probably pretty obvious what
happened- the drum dropped, and I hadn't cut off the power, so it
fried the element. Yeah, stupid, I know...