Jeepers

Default Briggs & Stratton compressor

In article ,
Offbreed wrote:

I'm rebuilding an old B&S powered compressor for running some light
air tools. The motor is a 5 horse and the air tank is only about 5
gallons. Total wt, around 100 lbs.

I have one of these on a small trailer for around the ranch and
elsewhere. It was my second compressor, my first was for airbrushing and
much smaller (before that I used a spare tire!). I rebuilt this
compressor too, even repainted the tank and mounted it to a mower/ATV
type trailer. I think the bigger units keep up the pressure/flow better
when using big CFM tools.

I see posts about other compressors using 5 horse motors with much
bigger tanks. What's the deal? Did the other manufacturers just stick
a bigger tank under the compressors to provide a larger
reserve/steadier supply?