Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Workmanship Question - Legal rights

Yes I have a signed contract. It does not specifically address damage
caused by the contractor only that claims against workmanship will be
settled by the American construction industry arbitration rules.
Yes I saw his insurance and bonding paperwork before I signed the
contract.
I will call the owner of the company tomorrow and see what he says. After
I saw the holes, I checked them all out and verified that he did not cut
any wires.
Evan if you think this is funny **** then I hope you never have a thing
like this happen to you. I have spent the last year and a half working on
this house only to have it trashed. It may be funny to you, but it aint
funny to me.I did check out the company before going with them and they
did have a good rep. Seems that the guy drilling the holes F#$%#ed up.
Guess he was in a hurry to get off for the holiday weekend.
Thank you all for the good suggestions

LJ

I don't think it's funny, it's a real shame the way they pass out
contractor licenses. Unfortunately your one of many. You might check if your
not happy with arbitration I believe you can get a lawyer. But you should
contact the state contractors board and report the incident. good luck and
hold your ground until your 100% satisfied