Posted to alt.home.repair
cc cc is offline

Default Workmanship Question - Legal rights

On May 28, 2:01 pm, "Art" wrote:
This is so bad, report it to the state attorney general office. Don't let
them touch your house any more. Call a lawyer. Check with the BBB if you
haven't already. Wonder if they cut any wires.

"Old_Boat" wrote in message

Hired an insulation company to put foam insulation in my walls. The
installer had to drill holes in the outside of the house to put the foam
in. Long story short, he drilled 20 holes through the wall in one bedroom
all the way through, 15 holes thorough the bathroom wall popping off the
ceramic tiles on the inside walls, drilled through 4 side wall registers,
and one other place in the walls. They want to come fix it using the same
guy that messed it up. I am not comfortable with this response. I know
they tile will not be able to be matched as it is 50 years old. Can I
demand they retile the entire bathroom so the tile matches? Any ideas what
my legal rights are with this situation. Can I demand that they pay for a
competent company to make the repairs?

LJ- Hide quoted text -

Spent three years pursuing faulty workmanship in a new house build,
supported by extensive written documentation (contracts, addendums,
faxes, phone logs), spent $36K in attorney's fees for $90K in damages
to new house, ended in contractor settling out of court for only $30K,
of which he paid $10K. Had to go back to court to reinforce payment of
the remaining $20K, of which he has paid nothing and the courts cannot
enforce it. Lesson: there is no protection in court, the only
protection you have in this country is to make sure you are dealing
with a human being and not merely an excuse for mankind. The
contractors understand how far they can push you, how far the courts
will back you, and how insufficient enforcement is. Good luck.